The original headquarters. Rather severe and austere - the decoratins were done in sensible, modest brick, not showy, expensive carvings.
The V survived on the corner until the end.
Augsburg Publishing was founded in 1891 at a local seminary, moved to Seven Corners, then went downtown in 1908. The house merged with another Martin-themed publishing outfit when three Lutheran churches merged, and it's now Augsburg Fortress. As in A Mighty.
The new offices are just a few blocks away, which is nice. For once, someone didn't leave downtown just because the city wanted the land and knocked down the building. Sometimes people take that personally.