Herewith the transcript of a conversation with a BestBuy chat agent. Backstory: I was trying to make a purchase online, and the webpage stalled after I entered the gift card number. The circle revolved slowly and eternally, like the fate of a hamster in hell. Or heaven; who knows.
I called up the chat function to see if there was a problem with the site at the moment.
• Thank you for choosing Best Buy, my name is ******. How may I assist you today?
• Hello, I'm trying to make a purchase on the website. (not mobile.) The page hangs after I enter the gift card # and PIN.
• The price goes up in a few hours, and I'd like to buy the item before it does.
I will definitely look into it and will assist you with this .
• Is it a store credit?
I would like to let you know that store credit cant be used for the online orders.
• The website payment information says "Use a Best Buy Gift Card, Discount Code, or Store Credit."
You can use store credit can be used only for store purchases
• can you check if you see anything on store credit?
• I'm not sure what you mean
Can you see anything written on store credit?
• To clarify, I'm using Best Buy gift cards that were issued after a price adjustment on a purchase. They literally say "GIFT CARD."
Is it issued by online or at the store?
• At the store.
That has be used for the only store purchases you cannot use that gift card online.
• Then why does the website say "Use a Best Buy Gift Card, Discount Code or Store Credit" in the payment options?
I am sorry for the in convince The Best Buy credit card is a form of in-store credit and so can only be used in Best Buy stores and when making purchases online through the Best Buy website.
• That's exactly what I'm trying to do.
• The card's fine print says it is "redeemable online at BestBuy.com."
• And it's not a credit card. It's a Gift Card.
Its a store credit.
• So to sum up: even though the website has an option for paying with a Gift Card or Store Credit, I can't. Even though the Gift card says it is redeemable at any store or online at BestBuy.com, I actually cannot do any of that. Do I have that right?
Its a store credit.
At this point I stopped copying the chat. It got worse. She said she would consult with the Management Team or some such group of serious people sitting around a table wearing crisp white short-sleeved shirts and narrow black ties, then she got back to me and said some utter gobbledeegook, ending with the note that she had "activated my card" and I should enter the number, leaving off the first two digits.
Of course, the site would not accept the card without those digits. I tried the whole number, and it went through. The site had just been down.
That was yesterday. Tonight I had another help chat with Oculus, because I am convinced my device is blurry. It's not just my glasses. I asked a clerk if the Home Environments were supposed to be crisp, and he said they were. I might have a display problem. The chat person told me to take a picture with my phone of the view through the headset, which, if you ask me, a layman, is probably going to be blurry. But apparently this qualified me for a return, so there's that.
In other news, I bought some Altoids at a store in the lobby today, paid cash, and got some change in return. The Altoids work perfectly.
And now, this year's Above-the Fold Kul-chah Feature, or ATFKF.
Opzittende hond in een stoel bij een raam, anonymous, c. 1900 - c. 1910 You can sound out exactly what that means, right? It's an Opposite Hound!
Either this fellow had a fast shutter or that was a remarkably still dog. And I'm sure he'd like us to appreciate his use of lighting. All so. Can I tell him the door annoys me? No? Okay.